This dish was SUPER simple to prepare and it tastes pretty darn good.
8 oz Angel Hair Pasta
1/2 cup Tahini
3 TB Dry Sherry
1 1/2 TB Soy Sauce
3 TB Water
1 1/2 TB Sugar
2 ts Sesame oil
1/2 ts Ground Ginger (I used fresh that I micro grated)
1/2 ts Chili Oil (optional, I used more)
3 Cloves Garlic
1 cup Chopped Snow or Sugar Snap Peas
3/4 cup Shredded Cucumber
1/3 cup Sliced Scallions
- Cook the noodles, drain and chill under cold water. Place in a bowl
- Place tahini, sherry, soy sauce, water, sugar, sesame oil, ginger and chili oil into a blender. Process until smooth. Add garlic while running and process till smooth.
- Add snow peas, cucumber, and scallions to the bowl with the noodles. Pour sauce over the salad and toss until completely combined.
I added grilled chicken and grated carrot.
A few tweaks that I'm going to try next time:
- Instead of shredding the carrot and cucumber I'm going to julienne them.
- I think this dish needs a little more chili oil.
- Definitely needs salt and pepper.
- The book suggests adding 1 cup of mung bean sprouts